Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hi Family and Friends

This is Sue.  I  am waiting for my email account to come up to email you guys so I thought I would write on the blog sight.  New Zealand is beautiful.  We are in a High rise apartment over looking the city of Auckland.  It reminds me of downtown Denver.  It is a luxury apartment!!  We are spending our time looking for a home to rent.  We have found as a family that it is very hard to travel and spend time enjoying the scenery when you are living out of suit cases.  Even Danny is more motivated than me to find a home and unpack!!!!  The kids are adusting well.  We still feel that we are on vacation and not living here yet.  

The weather today was gorgeous.  It was sunny and cold.  This place reminds me of Colorado. We plan to spend the day looking for a place tomorrow.  If you want to know the time here subtract 6 hours and add one day to Colorado time and that is the time here in NZ.  We have been eating all of our meals in our apartment as it is so expensive here.  I am really enjoying it here and the people are so so nice.  The kids are ready to start school and have some routine in their life.

Believe it or not I am the driver here and Danny is the navigator.  I am horrible at reading a map so I now know how to drive on the left side and it is not so  bad.  We are getting familiar with our surroundings and feeling less lost.  Please keep us in your prayers for a place to live and continued peace here.  This has stretched us, but we have learned we are so close to each other and we can depend on each other through all the newness.

We got an email from Ben and Valerie and they are enjoying Bill (our dog).  I am so grateful.

We love you and miss you

suzy